Marcin - aka RubbeR DuckY, the developer of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a known person in the Anti-Malware field and is already developing malware removal tools and other tools for quite a while now.
Examples are AboutBuster (CWS.AboutBlank removal), E2TakeOut (E2Give/PTech removal), Qoofix (Qoologic removal), RogueRemover (Rogue Antispyware/Antivirus removal), StartUpLite (startupmanager), RegASSASSIN (deletes locked registry keys) and FileASSASSIN (deletes locked files)
And now his latest project: Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
I've been betatesting Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware for a while and I am still very impressed with its detection and removal.
It detects and removes malware in general, which means it detects worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers, spyware...
* Support for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.
* Light speed quick scanning.
* Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
* Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
* Database updates released at least once every two days.
* Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
* Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
* Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware performance.
* A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
* Multi-lingual support. (English, Albanian, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Portuguese, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish.)
* Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
* Command line support for quick scanning.
* Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
For more info and download: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
And for online support, visit their forum: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware - Recommended Malware Removal Tool