Monday, October 27, 2008

MEDION Akoya Mini 10" Netbook E1210



Yes, that's going to be my new notebook. This is the Aldi offer in Belgium for this week and since I always wanted a "mini notebook" to take everywhere with me, this looks like the ideal one for me.
My other notebook (older one) died in a meanwhile after the "coffee accident" I blogged about last month. I'm still surprised that it worked for a couple of days afterwards, so I could back up important data. So in a way, I was lucky.

Specifications of the Medion Akoya Mini are:

1.6Ghz Intel® Atom™ Processor N270
Intel® Atom™ Processor – a new series of very low power processors developed by Intel® especially for Mobile Internet Devices (MIDs) and for a new class of more affordable, smaller and fully functional computer systems built to provide fast, easy internet access. These ‘Netbooks’ are impressive thanks to their ease-of-use, portability, powerful wireless LAN functionality and long battery life.

Windows® XP Home Edition
(incl. Service Pack 3)

10" TFT Widescreen Display
1024 × 600 pixels

80GB SATA hard drive
for more than 16,000 music tracks or photos**

1GB RAM

Fast WLAN Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g +
Draft-n with up to 300 MBit/s.*

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Connectivity
USB 2.0, Memory card reader and much more...

Integrated webcam

Connections

* Multi-card reader for SD, MMC, Memory Stick
* 3× USB 2.0
* 1× VGA out
* 1× network (RJ45)
* 1× line out

Also included

* Li-ion battery and mains power adaptor

Dimensions and Weight

* Approx. 260 × 180 × 19/31.5mm
* Approx. 1.2kg incl. battery

Bag and Bluetooth dongle are also included.

And this for 399 euro!

More info also here: http://www.medion.de/ms/aldi/md97160/au/flash.html

I guess I'll have to hurry before they are sold out.

Related Posts by Categories