Friday, September 19, 2008

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo - RIP..... for now.....


This was going to happen some day anyway...
I finally managed to spill a full mug of coffee (big size) all over my laptop.
In less than a second, the coffee had covered my entire computer desk. Luckily, my other laptop next to it was on a notebook cooler pad, so that one was saved.
The screen went black immediately, strange noises from underneath... and I sweared like never before.
Unfortunately, the swearing didn't work, so instead, I immediately disconnected the power supply and took out the battery.
I put the unit on its side and the coffee was dripping out. I left it in that position for at least an hour. I cleaned the rest of the mess I made, apart from the stains on the wall (Mr Proper can take care of that).
Then I turned it upside down, opened it and I'm going to let it dry for at least 24 hours.

In a way, I'm glad I don't like milk and sugar in my coffee, so maybe there's still hope... but I doubt it.

My dear Fujitsu Siemens Amilo, May The Force Be With You.

UPDATE! I couldn't wait any longer (waited for two days to let it dry)... so... it's up and running again!! No issues so far - everything works. I was really lucky :-)

Related Posts by Categories